Details of limited period free run of the TTa Course
In an effort to make things a little easier in 2021, we have got together with SafeTTy Systems (UK) to offer two free – socially-distant – rounds of the popular TTa training course.
The Zoom/Google meet-based TTa courses will be offered in February 2021 and April 2021.
Each free course is scheduled to run over a 3-week period (4 days per week, 2 hours per day). Each 2-hour training slot will run late afternoon (European time) / early morning (US west coast), to make it as easy as possible for people to join from most parts of the world.
Courses will be delivered in English.
To find out more about our free TTa training (and register your interest) read on.
Is this the right course for you?
[ii] want to learn how to improve system reliability.
Course TTa provides a “Foundation” for developers who wish to explore the use of TT architectures.
- What is an Embedded and a Deeply Embedded System?
- Discussion on 8051 architecture.
- Why use C?
- Difference between writing code for desktop and an embedded system and the differences in their software architecture.
- What are TASKS?
- What is a Real Time Embedded System?
- Accuracy of Loop Delays and Hardware Delays.
- What are Sandwich delays and why do we use them?
- What are timeout mechanisms and why and when do we need to timeout?
- What is the concept of balanced code?
- Concept of Worst Case Execution Time (WCET) and Best Case Execution Time (BCET) of Tasks.
- Understanding Interrupts and Interrupt response time.
- Understanding TT embedded operating system.
- Explore Co-operative and Hybrid schedulers and why we need them and when to employ them.
- How to handle Task Jitter?
- Timing analysis of tasks
- Compare 8-bit 8051, 32- bit ARM, soft processor implemented on FPGA and x86 platforms and how the performance is affected in each case. Which platform is reliable if employed in aerospace systems?
- What are multitasking systems?
- Running multiple tasks on a single CPU system with Task preemption. Here we learn about implementing a system employing a Hybrid scheduler. We also explore why a commercial RTOS may not be a good choice in systems where there are tight timing constraints.
- What is Priority Inversion and how to avoid it using Hybrid schedulers?
- What are distributed systems and their interconnection topologies?
- How are tasks running on different nodes synchronized in distributed systems?
- CAN protocol and its use in distributed systems.
Learn more about the TTa course here: SafeTTy Systems
The course will be delivered by Govind Gaundalkar(Microdevice Technologies).
Govind Gaundalkar leads Microdevice Technologies.
Govind is an Electronics and Telecommunications engineer.Govind is Level 1 SafeTTy Certified.He has trained individuals for Level 1 SafeTTy Certification.He has conducted Faculty development programmes in the fieid of Time triggered embedded systems sponsored by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE which is the apex body of India that governs all technical education in India).
Course dates and organisation
The April course will begin on Monday 12 April 2021.Time 15.00 GMT
The TTa courses in February 2021 and April 2021 will be offered free of charge.
Courses will also be offered later in the year (in the same format): there will be a fee charged for these later courses.
How to apply
We have 30 places available on each of our TTa courses in February and April 2021.
To apply for a place, please complete the registration form at: Register here!!.
We will review the applications and confirm whether or not you have been allocated a place two weeks before the course starts.
When selecting course participants, our aim will be to select developers from a range of different organisations and backgrounds from around the world.
We will use the contact data that you provide only to support your application for this course: we will share your data with SafeTTy Systems Ltd solely to support this activity. Neither Microdevice Technologies nor SafeTTy Systems will release your data to any third party.
If you apply and are not selected, we will send you an email to inform you about this. We will send you no further emails (unless you reply to us).Your data will be deleted within 1 month of informing you of our decision.
If you apply for the course and are selected, we will contact you by email about this course (before and during the course). After the course, we may send you up to three emails to tell you about our related TTb courses. After this, we will send you no further emails.Unless you advise us that you are happy for us to retain your data, we will delete it within 1 month of the course completion.
How to obtain course notes
No course notes are provided with this free course.
If required, printed course notes can be obtained (at low cost) from Lulu: Course notes
For further information, please contact Microdevice Technologies as follows.
Mobile No.:+91 7777079788
Whatsapp : 9969016166