Foundations of Time Triggered Embedded Systems -TTa
The course will be delivered by Govind Gaundalkar(Microdevice Technologies).
Govind Gaundalkar leads Microdevice Technologies.
Govind is an Electronics and Telecommunications engineer.Govind is Level 1 SafeTTy Certified.He has trained individuals for Level 1 SafeTTy Certification.He has conducted Faculty development programmes in the fieid of Time triggered embedded systems sponsored by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE which is the apex body of India that governs all technical education in India).
We have got together with SafeTTy Systems (UK) to offer a ‘live’ online version of the popular TTa training course, with an online certification exam.
Each online course is scheduled to run via Zoom over a 4-week period (5 days per week, 2 hours per day). Each 2-hour training slot will run late afternoon (European time) / early morning (US west coast), to make it as easy as possible for people to join from most parts of the world.
Courses will be delivered in English.
To be awarded a ‘Level 1’ certificate on the internationally-recognised SafeTTy Certified programme .
TTa course attendees need to: [i] complete all 12 exercises during the course;
[ii] achieve 70% or more in the 60-minute online exam at the end of the course.
Is this the right course for you?
Course TTa is intended for people who: [i] design or implement software for real-time embedded systems; and [ii] want to learn how to improve system reliability.
As it is an introductory course, it is likely to be of greatest value to people in the early stage of their careers.
The techniques taught in TTa can be applied in designs ranging from household “white” goods, intruder-alarm systems and general monitoring systems through to industrial, automotive, medical and aerospace systems.
Course TTa provides a “Foundation” for developers who wish to explore the use of TT architectures.
- What is an Embedded and a Deeply Embedded System?
- Discussion on 8051 architecture.
- Why use C?
- Difference between writing code for desktop and an embedded system and the differences in their software architecture.
- What are TASKS?
- What is a Real Time Embedded System?
- Accuracy of Loop Delays and Hardware Delays.
- What are Sandwich delays and why do we use them?
- What are timeout mechanisms and why and when do we need to timeout?
- What is the concept of balanced code?
- Concept of Worst Case Execution Time (WCET) and Best Case Execution Time (BCET) of Tasks.
- Understanding Interrupts and Interrupt response time.
- Understanding TT embedded operating system.
- Explore Co-operative and Hybrid schedulers and why we need them and when to employ them.
- How to handle Task Jitter?
- Timing analysis of tasks
- Compare 8-bit 8051, 32- bit ARM, soft processor implemented on FPGA and x86 platforms and how the performance is affected in each case. Which platform is reliable if employed in aerospace systems?
- What are multitasking systems?
- Running multiple tasks on a single CPU system with Task preemption. Here we learn about implementing a system employing a Hybrid scheduler. We also explore why a commercial RTOS may not be a good choice in systems where there are tight timing constraints.
- What is Priority Inversion and how to avoid it using Hybrid schedulers?
- What are distributed systems and their interconnection topologies?
- How are tasks running on different nodes synchronized in distributed systems?
- CAN protocol and its use in distributed systems.
Learn more about the TTa course here: SafeTTy Systems
Course dates and organisation
Each course will run over a 4-week period (5 days per week, 2 hours per day). Each 2-hour training slot will run late afternoon (European time) / early morning (US west coast), to make it as easy as possible for people to join from most parts of the world.
Course dates coming soon!!!
Course fees are INR 16000(approximately US$ 220/Euro 200).
- Online training
- Printed course notes shipped to you by Lulu
- Examination and certification fee.
- One free attempt at the examination for repeaters.
How to apply
We have 12 places available on each of our TTa courses .
To apply for a place, please complete the registration form at: Register here!!.
We will use the contact data that you provide only to support your application for this course: we will share your data with SafeTTy Systems Ltd solely to support this activity. Neither Microdevice Technologies nor SafeTTy Systems will release your data to any third party.
After the course, we may send you up to three emails to tell you about our related TTb courses. After this, we will send you no further emails.Unless you advise us that you are happy for us to retain your data, we will delete it within 1 month of the course completion.
For further information, please contact Microdevice Technologies as follows.
Mobile No.:+91 7777079788
Whatsapp : 9969016166